Wednesday, June 18, 2008

more snaps

on sunday i took a little roadtrip around the area. i only covered about 90 miles, but there was a lot to take in in that small area. first i hit an art museum & gallery (the dia in beacon) which was pretty great! i saw some stuff from one of my favorite sculptors (richard serra). he uses massive layers of sheet metal to create sculptures in ways that when you're walking by, around, or in them it actually feels like the space around you is moving...dancing. it's so amazing! then i explored a little bit of main street in the town of beacon, which was also really cool...art galleries behind every other door of the long line of buildings on main street. then, after finding this spot using my cool navigation tool on my phone, i hit an indian cuisine place for dinner. i usually don't enjoy public outings by myself, but it wasn't so bad...although it would've been great to have some company from kansas =) here are a few pictures i took around our town (garrison) that day...

this is one of my favorite spots...i see this clearing between the hills every morning when i take e-e to school. it's beautiful! if you look closely, you'll notice a "castle" at the top of the hill. this whole area used to be owned by just a few very wealthy people, so this is one of the original homes.


this is just a cool picture of the railroad tracks near the station =)


westpoint military academy across the hudson river


the garrison "yacht club" =)


just another cool picture, in my opinion

1 comment:

R.W. Shipshape said...

Was that Westpoint photo taken in Cold Creek? I've been there!

Also, props to exploring by yourself. If I had seen you eating dinner by yourself, I would have thought, "Now that's a lovely lady oozing with confidence!"

PS Francis isn't my pup. I wish. She belongs to my friend, Shelley.