Monday, June 23, 2008

the heart leads...

let's face it...i have terrible posture! i was talking about it with L the other night and she helped me realign correctly and, touching my chest and then my forehead, said, "the heart leads, the head's just along for the ride". i like to think of that more figuratively than anatomically. it's difficult for me...even figuratively, i lead more with my head and less with my heart than i thought i did. but that's one big area that i feel has been given room to grow, and that, my friends, is a good thing!

another one-liner from L that i've been thinking on is "the body never lies". this came about last week when we were doing a private yoga session together, and an unnatural movement for me brought more clarity to certain past life-events. i'm already convinced that my body knows me far better than i know my body, so i continue to be excited about yoga.
((more details on other insights to come later))


2 comments:

R.W. Shipshape said...

That's fascinating! I've been doing yoga classes at the rec and I firmly believe that the body tells a story. It's amazing how unaware we can be of ourselves! Unfortunately, I don't get the benefits of a private instructor...ho hum. Looking forward to your future insights!

Athena+ said...

That is so beautiful! It sounds like you are learning a lot and growing deeper into yourself. Awesome! I can't wait to come for a visit!