Sunday, June 08, 2008

indigo


meet the newest addition to the family...indigo! he's a super-sweet 6-month-old german shepard. i was a little iffy about him when we went to look at him yesterday...he just seemed out of it and not too interested in us. guess he seemed depressed. but the change just since we brought him home has been amazing! he adores the kids...follows them everywhere and is so gentle with them. the not-so-great-dog of the neighborhood (aubrey) came by this morning to dig in our garbage, as he does every morning, but indi gave one loud bark (not even a bit aggressive) and audrey went scampering off =)
this dog is perfect for us right now, as he's already house-broken & over his little puppy stage (which is totally fun, but a LOT of work) and he's had a lot of exposure to dogs and kids. he's just great...and beautiful.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm glad you're excited about it...cause I would NOT be! I am so not a dog person. haha...just kidding...I really am excited for you. Thanks for the updates!

Luke said...

Hey J...
Good to see you're gettin' after it on here. I know I told you I would be posting on mine...Ummm well we'll see. You live near the city...I live with the wildlife and the Moose that has the local Wifi antenna just got shot and mounted by an out of state hunter so he's no longer doing his job...basically when you are 30mi from a town of 2k-3k you don't have wireless/DSL...you may be lucky to have dial-up. Yes dial up. So I don't know how frequently I will be doing so. I'm in Rock Springs at my parents place now...about 90mi from where I'm staying. I did put some new pics on facebook of my place and the view. You'll have to give it a look.
Sounds like we're having vastly different experiences in vastly different places but interesting nonetheless. I'm enjoying it so far. Startin' work this week.
Later j

P.S.-Nice painting by the way...joan did some good work. I don't think I have seen that. Cool. cool.