Monday, July 14, 2008

tomorrow has come!

**big sigh of relief** in my post about sideways rage and swimming against the current, i said that eventually my better tomorrow would come. well, it came sooner than i thought it would...today was that day. L and i had a good 2 to 3 hour meeting this morning and talked about all the craziness from last week, what was going on internally for both of us, what we needed to do to make communication better, and what our expectations were for each other within the job and family life. it was so good. my friends, you'd be proud of me...i shared my frustrations & other feelings, i voiced my needs, and i gave honest feedback as to what i saw going on, as well as received feedback from L. it helps that she very much encourages me to do those things, and in turn does the same with me. after i managed to get it all out, it felt glorious...i felt clean, and L & i were more connected.

another thing i did today was to just make a list of things i need in my days (or weeks, however much i can fit it in) in order for me function in my job and grow & become healthier. that list includes things like having plenty of time outside (especially in the mornings when it's cool), getting enough rest, spending intentional time with friends (once i make a few more =) ), staying in touch with y'all back home (sorry i've been terrible at it), playing my guitar (yeah, i bought a guitar last week! i love it!) or doing something else musical like going to concerts etc., being creative (writing, art, making cards, whatever), exploring, reading, and doing my yoga. these are things i've found that add life in my days. the great thing is that C & L actually encourage me to do these things, and try to keep me in check with them if they sense i'm "hermit-izing" =) ...they're great.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I am so delighted after reading your recent posts! I am so thankful you are living and working with a family that really wants to encourage you to live fully. I'd guess that is a rare blessing in the world of nannies! All of those things you want to include in your weeks sound glorious and refreshing. Hope to connect soon.

P.S. Do you know that dates you will be around?