Tuesday, August 12, 2008

common phrases, classic mispronunciations, etc.

"...wul'...wul'..." ((...well...well...)).  ((translations?  "...i'm trying to argue my way out of the trouble i just got myself into," or, "...i'm right, even if you think i'm wrong.")) --ian

"janessa...(either long silence, random question, or statement from out in left-field somewhere)...??  janessa...?  janessa...?"  --ian

"wu'f...?"  ((what if...?))  "...oh, i know..."  --ian

"yew nork city"  ((new york city)) --tati

"play that funky music black boy..." --tati.  "tats, did you know that the song really says, 'play that funky music white boy',"?  --me.  "play that funky music white boy........but that just doesn't make any sense!"  --tati

"it's opposite day!  do you think i'm the meanest?" --ian.  "yeah, you're the meanest!" --me.  "aw, thank you!"  --ian.  "you're the nicest person in the whole world!"  --tati.  "ahh...that breaks my little heart!"  --ian

"please don't stop that music, music...please don't stop that music..."  --ian

and, my all time favorite..."transgenderation"  ((grand central station))  --ian

No comments: